[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 18 3.8.4 rt 2.1--Is it really a Work In Progress

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Thu May 2 10:03:52 PDT 2013

Hi, List and Fernando.

I have install the 3.8.4 rt 2.1 kernel on an Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 and a
Geforce 9500M with absolutely no changes after a default install of Fedora
18 and RPMFusion and it is working fine. In fact, the xruns seem to be at
an all time low. :-) The only issue I am seeing is that it hangs after
coming back from Suspend, which the Fedora 18 default kernel didn't do.

I see a few threads on the rt kernel and Fedora 18 from a month ago, but
the Planet CCRMA at Home page is saying the Fedora 18 repo is a work in
progress. Are my positive results news? Is the kernel considered stable
now? Is there anything that you would like tested, Fernando?

Sean