[PlanetCCRMA] landing on the Fedora 18 planet

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Wed Jan 23 23:26:26 PST 2013

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013, Brendan Jones wrote:

> I'm not happy with the installer either. For those wanting to upgrade
> their systems the new FedUp tool (they weren't thinking when they named
> this or were they?) or upgrading using yum is trouble free.

That's some good news for a change. I didn't trust it yet, because it's
new and because in the past I have had some troubles with preupgrade.

That's why I choose to backup all my important data, and then start with a
fresh install every time.

Well, you should ALWAYS back up your important data before you upgrade
your system anyway. That's one important lesson this thread teaches us!

--

MT