[PlanetCCRMA] landing on the Fedora 18 planet

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jan 23 08:39:58 PST 2013

I tried to install FC 18 from a DvD (the ISO image option) since
my web connection is tricky.  I don't recommend this!  I wanted
xfce+emacs+tcsh+gcc.  I got gcc, and wasted an afternoon.
If Gnome locks the screen, you need to "sweep" upwards to
get going again.  Luckily Fernando had warned me about this.
I'd like to ask Fedora how an ISO image user is supposed to
get xfce (not Gnome!) and the development tools in the same
installation.  If you choose xfce, the installer unchooses the
development stuff, and vice-versa.