[PlanetCCRMA] Installing Fedora 18 on a machine with one drive and Windows 8 with Secure Boot enabled

Tue Jan 22 12:20:44 PST 2013

On 01/22/2013 11:59 AM, Donald Steven wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to do this.  If I free up a partition on
> the hard drive, can I then simply go ahead and install Fedora 18 in an
> environment where Secure Boot is enabled?  Does the installer figure it
> all out (since Fedora has a key)?  Are partitions still identifiable
> under UEFI as, for example, /dev/sda3?

Hi Don,

I don't have an answer as I have not tried to install in a Secure Boot
environment. But...

There is a caveat I should point out with regards to Planet CCRMA. The
rt patched kernel that lives in my repositories is _not_ signed (it
can't be as I don't have the keys, only Fedora does). So you will not be
able to boot into it with Secure Boot enabled. At least that is my
understanding (you should be able to disable Secure Boot somewhere in
your BIOS configuration).

Let the fun begin...
-- Fernando