[PlanetCCRMA] No boot with RT kernel

Fri Jan 4 13:06:50 PST 2013

On 01/04/2013 03:08 AM, Bengt Månsson wrote:
> The graphic is nvidia
> lspci says: nVidia Corporation G72M [GeForce Go 7400] (rev a1)
> I run the stock kernel with default nouveau driver first and changed to
> nvidia driver after. Both OK.
> rt kernel didn't boot before or after the change (but I guess I never
> changed driver for the nt kernel)
>
> I removed rhgb quiet as adviced
> (never managed to edit in grub, but I could change in /etc)
> Now I get more output during boot
> Last line seems to be about nouveau and then it goes black
> It happens fast and I can't find any traces of the rt kernel in
> /var/log/messages

Ah, then it is probably a bug in nouveau in 3.4 that is fixed in 3.6. I
do have a preliminary 3.6 rt build but it has some nfs issues so I have
not released it yet. I guess I could release in the "testing" repository.

Anyway, the standard kernel is pretty good these days with regards to
latency, and you can tune the irq priority with rtirq if you add the
"threadirqs" to the kernel boot line.

-- Fernando