[PlanetCCRMA] FFADO on Fedora 16

Juan Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Feb 23 14:43:39 PST 2012

Hi,

Sorry for this question which is recurrent in almost every Fedora
update. Is anyone running FFADO on PlanetCCRMA Fedora-16?.

I am not able to load raw1394 on the RT Kernel. As I see, there is the
new FW stack on all 3.x Kernels but FFADO-DIAG reports that this is
still kind of experimental.

I have changed Firewire and libraw1394 permissions also, as per
instructions on F-14, but they don't do the trick.

Should I try to use the new stack (but I have not been able to find a
lot of documentation on the Fedora side)? or should I keep using the old
stack?.

If I use the old stack how will I be able to load 'raw1394'?.

Kernel 3.2.6-3.rt12.1.fc16.ccrma.x86_64.rt
libraw1394-2.0.7-1.fc15.x86_64

   Thanks,

   --* Juan Reyes