[PlanetCCRMA] Limits.d files

scott riddle sconaridd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 00:34:50 PST 2012

I have a question regarding my files in  /etc/security/limits.d.  I have
three files: 99-jack.conf; 99-rt-permissions; audio.conf.  Prior to
installing the rt-permissions, I made the audio.conf file based on advice
from various sources.  It contains @audio - rtprio 99 and - memlock
unlimited.  Then I have the  jack.conf which is at it's default settings.
My question is do I need the audio.conf or does the rt-permissions cover
the audio group.  I'm not having any noticable issues that would point to
this, but is there a conflict having these files with different settings?
This is still new to me, so I'm trying to clean up items I don't need and
clean up any possible conflicts as well.
Thanks in advance,
Scott