[PlanetCCRMA] Nouveau working on F-16

Juan Reyes juanigrp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:17:59 PST 2012

Hi,

So far Nouveau driver has been working on F-16 stock Kernel and also
with Rt Kernels (cross my fingers).

I have tested GNOME-3 plus jack and I am getting acceptable performance.

However, I am not so sure this is the case for everybody. I have not
tested Ardour or other graphic intense applications. However
Thunderbird, Firefox seem to be working, and even glxgears show  720.610
FPS.

Is it safe to keep working with Nouveau or should I install
akmod-nvidia. A known issue is that akmod-nvidia needs a patched SRPM to
be able to compile on Rt Kernels.

   Thanks,

   --* Juan Reyes