[PlanetCCRMA] 3.2.2-1.rt10.1.fc16.ccrma.x86_64.rt--Thumbs Up!

scott riddle sconaridd at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 12:51:15 PST 2012

I'm having great success with this testing kernel.  My system, Hp s5-1020,
was having issues with previously rt-kernel I tried, realeased 1-22.  I
would get xruns moving mouse, opening applicatiosn, etc.
With 3.2.2.rt10.1 I was able to lower my frames from 128 to 64, sr@ 48kHz,
and periods 3, to 64 frames and the rest unchanged.  With this
configuration, the new rt-kernel and my system, I was able to open
Hydrogen, Rosegarden, and connect them to Ardour.  I dosed Rosegarden with
a heavy load of random notes and chords in an 8bar looped staff.  I
received 0 xruns.  Moving the mouse, opening closing apps, and checking
system monitor while everything was running caused no xruns or problems.
Definitely a better experience for my system than the previous rt-kernel
and also a better audio experience than the standard kernel.  I'm reallly
impressed with the difference, and pleased.
Thank You,
Scott