[PlanetCCRMA] Can't load HDSP firmware on F-17

Sat Aug 25 16:45:27 PDT 2012

On 08/25/2012 03:00 PM, Donald Steven wrote:
> Perhaps I can help. I use a RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632, which I am able to
> get working in any Linux distribution. There are a few configuration
> gotchas, however. Judging by the output from the cat command, you have
> to 'remove' the other cards.

That is not necessary, the Hammerfall cards (at least the ones I have
tested in the past) can work even if there are other cards installed and
active.

I don't know if there is anything special about the 9632 or your setup,
but the PCI card + Multiface II (or Digiface) configurations I have run
out of the box in Fedora 17 (even with other cards installed). No
problems with pulseaudio either (jack gets the card from it).

-- Fernando