[PlanetCCRMA] Can't load HDSP firmware on F-17

Sat Aug 25 16:42:36 PDT 2012

On 08/25/2012 01:47 PM, Janina Sajka wrote:
>> What if you remove the kernel module (with the card already online)
>> and insert it again?
>>
>> /sbin/rmmod snd_hdsp
> Simply returns--no error. lsmod shows it's gone.
>
>> /sbin/modprobe snd_hdsp
> Returns with no error. 'lsmod |grep hdsp' shows it's there.
>
> It's at this point that i run 'hdsploader' yes? This is where the error
> creeps in.

Aha, you don't need to run hdsploader explicitly. The kernel will
trigger the firmware load so it is very likely that the card is working.
What do you see in the logs if you reload the module as before. Or even
better, remove the module, power cycle the multiface box (so the
firmware goes away), the load the module and see what you get in
/var/log/messages.

Remember you have to run hdspmixer or set the gains manually in the
internal mixer before trying to play any sound....

-- Fernando