[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 15

Wed May 25 09:10:50 PDT 2011

On 05/25/2011 04:50 AM, Gareth Foster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been doing my audio stuff on OSX for a while, but I was thinking of
> trying Fedora again now 15 is out.
>
> I read that a lot of the stuff used by the RT kernel has gone into
> trunk[1], and that FFADO is starting to support the new Firewire
> stack[2]. Also, Fedora has its own NVIDIA 3D drivers now.
>
> All of this ought to make using my Saffire LE on Fedora a lot easier
> these days?
>
> Is all of the above true? When is F15 support expected to be in CCRMA?

Hi Gareth (and the rest of the list),
As to the last question (FC15 & CCRMA packages), I started working on
this yesterday but hit a snag with my builder server and the new glibc
in late fc14 and fc15. It is a long story. The short of it is that I
have to bring up a new builder machine and that will take a few days
(end of the quarter and insanely busy here). After that I should be able
to build packages for Fedora 15, hopefully the first one will be a
2.6.33.14 + rt31 kernel. I'll keep the list updated (but of course you
could test with the regular kernel, jack and all the music packages that
are now part of Fedora)...