[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 15

Gareth Foster earthwormgaz at gmail.com
Wed May 25 04:50:49 PDT 2011

Hi,

I've been doing my audio stuff on OSX for a while, but I was thinking of
trying Fedora again now 15 is out.

I read that a lot of the stuff used by the RT kernel has gone into trunk[1],
and that FFADO is starting to support the new Firewire stack[2]. Also,
Fedora has its own NVIDIA 3D drivers now.

All of this ought to make using my Saffire LE on Fedora a lot easier these
days?

Is all of the above true? When is F15 support expected to be in CCRMA?

Ta,

Gaz

[1] I can't find where I read this, but it said that some of the stuff on
the RT branch had gone into trunk.
[2] http://www.ffado.org/?q=node/1316