[PlanetCCRMA] F15 + CCRMA = no X on start, no network, long boot time and instability

Geoff King gsking1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 09:40:49 PDT 2011

Dale,
Yumex (yum extender) is different program to find and install software and
is in the fedora repo.  It uses the same repositories as the one you already
have.  I like it because it is easier to search for what you want especially
if installing dev libraries.  You could give it a try next time you want to
install some things.  Use your add/remove to search for yumex.

Another thing you could try to limit xruns is disable unnecessary services,
but be careful with this unless you know what you are doing.  I've disabled
selinux, wine, abrtd, and cups which I don't need.  I'm not really sure how
much this helps, but I do it anyway.

Good Luck, Geoff