[PlanetCCRMA] f15 gnome3/rt kernel

Elliott Chapin echapin at teksavvy.com
Sat Jul 2 06:46:13 PDT 2011

My hardware is Acer Aspire 5253-BZ631 (it's 64-bit). The rt kernel
installs as default and only boots to a command prompt. I guess this
might be something I have to fix in rc or init scripts, but I can't help
wondering if the kernel doesn't recognize the ATI Radeon HD 6310.

I have also just seen that startx would be available and presumably
usable if the ATI Radeon is not a problem. Then I might be able to use
GUI tools to get the rt kernel boot normally.

Any comments appreciated,
E.