[PlanetCCRMA] which Fedora?

Tue Nov 9 18:14:28 PST 2010

On 11/06/2010 10:47 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 8:12 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>>> Working on it...
>> Hi Fernando
>> Did you by any chance test the jack2 that comes with F-14? I did very
>> basic things and it seems to work on F-14. However I was too lazy to
>> bump the release number so an F-13+CCRMA to F-14 update will not
>> update jack2.
>>
>> I will fix this soon though (probably this weekend). The README.Fedora
>> file needs a serious update. Let me know the results if you ran any
>> tests, so I can include the relevant changes in my build if there is
>> need.
>>
> While I was fixing the README.Fedora file, I took the opportunity to
> update jack2 to 1.9.6 on Fedora 14. I sent it to updates-testing.
>
> Those who updated to Fedora 14, please test and feedback on this build.
>
> Koji (for the RPMs): http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=203833
> Bodhi (for feedback):
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.6-1.fc14

I just updated my old laptop from 12 to 14 using preupgrade. Still a
bunch of dependencies to sort out but I upgraded jack to 1.9.6 from
testing. I'm running it under the fc12 rt kernel I had in that machine
before the upgrade (which seems to work fine). But it looks like jackd
is selecting rt priority 20 which would be too low (or rather not the
best) for an rt kernel with irqs optimized by rtirq.