[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 13

Sun May 16 23:02:52 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 11:39 -0400, freedomincluded wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> You are doing a great job with CCRMA.

Thanks.

> How do you go about rebuilding for a new release ? Maybe you could get
> some help by bringing more people on board. For myself, I'd like to
> understand the issues...

I have a build server and I need to first download all the packages that
make up a new release (easy, rsync) and then create the build
environment (I use mock + plague). Usually that is easy but sometimes I
have had to tweak things to make even that work. After that I have a few
scripts that I can use to trigger a complete rebuild.

Packages will fail to build... so I have to fix what does not work and
try again, etc, etc. Most of the time I also try to upgrade packages to
the latest versions so that makes things harder.

When builds fail I could use help fixing things, getting patches, etc,
etc...

-- Fernando