[PlanetCCRMA] Qtractor 0.4.5svn1517

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Sat May 15 19:59:20 PDT 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:

> thanks for your support Niels.
>
> first hand news are qtractor svn trunk is pretty stable as is now
> (qtractor 0.4.5.1568 aka svn r1565)
>

> you can expect an upstream 0.4.6 release before the end of the month, i
> hope ;)

That's great news and thanks for letting us know of the timeframe. Seems
best to just wait a bit...

In the meantime, if anybody wants the stable version I built from Simon
Lewis' SRPM
http://nielsmayer.com/qtractor-0.4.5svn1517-2.fc12.x86_64.rpm

I can fully understand Orcan's position on this; at the same time I think
qtractor might need some special priority because it's the first "pro" level
integrated audio/midi/plugin DAW on Linux  that won't send people running
back to their Logic's , Pro-Tools and Sonar. Given that such an app is the
crucial missing piece of the Linux DAW puzzle, we should give it extra care
in testing/debugging and making sure this future key Fedora  music tool is
working & stable.

Considering there's a few fedora users building their own qtractors off svn,
it would be good to coordinate Rui's 0.4.6 release by announcing a stable
"release candidate" that we can try out on whatever platforms and Fedora
releases we have available (only-x86_64 F12 here). That way there won't need
to be any post-0.4.6 patches for Fedora and Orcan can have a clean release
to submit to rpmfusion.

Are bugs against the rpmfusion qtractor supposed to be reported via
https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/ ? (Too bad our rpmfusion coredumps can't get
automatically reported via abrtd back to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ which
is better-customized and a tad more "inviting", and also has a valid SSL
certificate :-) ).

Thanks!

-- Niels
http://nielsmayer.com