[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora rt kernels and ffado

Sun May 9 10:18:02 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 13:42 -0700, John Lyon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've spent a couple of days trying to sort out my problem, so far with
> no luck.  I hope one or more of you has the answer.  I've looked
> through the PlanetCCRMA mailing list archive, and I see clues, but not
> enough information for me to go on.  Here is my problem.

Sigh. I can't answer right away but I will look at this. I _thought_ I
was still building the Planet CCRMA rt kernels with the old firewire
stack. The Fedora kernels are, well, a dead end for firewire sound in
the name of "progress" (since fc7!).

I read somewhere that it is now possible to build kernels with both
stacks and blacklist the one you don't want, I will have to look at this
utter mess yet again.

-- Fernando