[PlanetCCRMA] upstream updates

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Sun May 9 08:40:07 PDT 2010

I have been trying some new upstream versions of softsynths.

amsynth-1.2.3
gmorgan-0.27 (check out the new "blue2" skin - I designed it :-) )
aeolus-0.8.4 ( requires new clalsadrv-2.0.0, but also clxclient-3.6.1 and
clthreads-2.4.0. These are not in our repo yet.)
bristol-0.60.2

Not yet available in Fedora/PlanetCCRMA:

azr3-jack. I'm using (git-)version 1.2.5. Anyone interested in an RPM
packaged version of this virtual drawbar organ ? I have one ready, just
need to know how to contribute to PlanetCCRMA or Fedora.

yoshimi-0.056. This linux-friendly fork of zynaddsubfx should perform
better with Jack and Alsa than the original. Looks and sounds the same
though.

Anyway, I have compiled and tried them all and they seem to work nicely,
at least on PlanetCCRMA/Fedora 12

:-)

--

Martin Tarenskeen