[PlanetCCRMA] Pd + PulseAudio?

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 12:10:50 PDT 2010

One may also be surprised at the additional places ALSA or pulseaudio might
be "bound" by Gnome.Consider running
 'gconf-editor /system/gstreamer/0.10/default'
to see what settings you've got. The intermittencies you've noted could be
because other parts of the system (web, chat, music players, desktop noises)
might be silently binding your audio ports.

For example I set /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/musicaudiosink to 'alsasink
device="hw:SB,1"'
which lets music players like rhythmbox directly produce digital audio out
on the TOSlink fiber port on my ASUS  motherboard...

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com