[PlanetCCRMA] Pd + PulseAudio?

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Mar 24 02:09:11 PDT 2010

> 1. I start qjackctl
> 2. Set audio to hw:1 for the Intel card and start jack server
> 3. Start Ardour -- Ardour uses JACK and the Intel card, no issue --
> sound through the computer's speakers
> 4. Start Pd, set to JACK, try testing audio (with the default
> testtone) ... nothing. No error in Pd, but also no sound.

Probably a silly question but do you start pd with -jack option? In my
case I can get pd to play nice with jack only if I start it with -jack, if
I don't and try to set it from the menu I don't get audio. After starting
pd -jack I also need to set the in/out channels for the audio menu (they
default to 0). I presume I should be able to set these at the command line
as well but haven't tried yet.

Oded