[PlanetCCRMA] kernel recompile needed for mixman dm2. any advice?

Ryan ruhtranayr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 16:57:38 PDT 2010

I dont know if this is the best place to ask this question but i'm sure
someone more educated than me can me some ideas.

I have to recompile a kernel to get a Mixman
DM2<http://www.mixman.com/products/dm2.html>working. It requires a
patch <http://sourceforge.net/projects/dm2linux/> to the kernel.

What is the best way to get this into my kernel?

I already compiled a new kernel linux-2.6.31.12 but it won't boot it can't
find root device.

I applied rt patch and patch for DM2
I used the .config from 2.6.31.12-1.rt20.1.fc12.ccrma.i686.rtPAE
make modules modules_install install

Everything looks okay in fstab...why won't it boot? I tried to run mkinitrd
but the image is already there

It seems the DM2 patch does not work with kernel > 29 so I will have to
recompile anyway. Will the .config from
2.6.31.12-1.rt20.1.fc12.ccrma.i686.rtPAE
work with kernel 2.6.29?

I plan on doing a bit more research and installing the my kernel the fedora
way.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Ryan