[PlanetCCRMA] 64bit vs 32bit (fwd)

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Sun Mar 14 08:18:44 PDT 2010

>> I must have expressed myself wrongly because I think we have the same
>> preference: What i meant to say was I'd rather have a stable system
>> than a fast.
>
> Argh, even though I had my morning coffee I did not read correctly what you
> wrote, sorry.

"Fast" and "Slower" are very relative. Any modern computer system, even 32
bits, is lightning fast compared to what we used to work with say 5 or 10 or 20
years ago.

Not so long ago I had an old Atari ST computer ( 8 MHz Motorola m68000 cpu ).
But it still functioned perfectly for MIDI, with minimal latency problems. In
fact I have never had such reliable MIDI performance on my current Linux
system. But then one day tried to convert a little song in WAV format to MP3.
After running 12 hours continuously my MP3 file was ready :-) LOL !!

--

Martin