[PlanetCCRMA] about Fedora updates

Peter Kirn peter at createdigitalmedia.net
Wed Mar 10 07:28:45 PST 2010

I just want to put in my own vote here to say -- no, it's not
necessary to shut down pulseaudio in order to run JACK. It'd be
interesting to have a custom package that ran JACK as a service, I
suppose; I could see this being an interesting way of doing easy-on
performance/installation machines, but even that wouldn't be strictly
necessary.

I've been really impressed with the quality of package maintenance. I
think it's safe to err on the side of more updates, especially if the
updates do a good job of documenting what has changed, so that people
can make an informed decision.

So thanks for the great work.

Peter