[PlanetCCRMA] slime-sbcl dependency broken

andersvi at notam02.no andersvi at notam02.no
Wed Mar 10 01:51:46 PST 2010

    N> What's something "cool" and unique that could be done, or what
    N> are you all using it for/with?

Everything :-) composition, experimentations, DSP, editing, mixing,
notation, performance.

    N> One thing that would be useful is to use lispy language features,
    N> like continuations, to define "LFO" like property of sound
    N> manipulation. LFO's could then take on properties of fractals and
    N> other complicated, stateful computations, and not just waveforms.

One of the strengths of CLM/Snd is straightforward construction of
single-sample dsp-loops.  There are examples similar to the things you
suggest in the various packages.

In modern environments RT often means unnecessary waiting for something
to finish rendering (PTs bounce to disk ...), and good tools like
Csound/SuperCollider provide ways around RT.

If you need RT, I know of at least 2 real-time environments based on
lisp:

Kjetils version of snd, with a special rt-scheduler:

  http://archive.notam02.no/arkiv/doc/snd-rt/

and Rohan Drapes scheme-client for SuperCollider:

  http://www.slavepianos.org/rd/?t=rsc3

Good luck.