[PlanetCCRMA] RT Kernel cannot build nvidia driver using akmods

Geoff King gsking1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 08:01:24 PDT 2010

Hello.

I have tried using the 2.6.33.1-rt FC12/CCRMA testing kernel and it
fails to build the nvidia driver using akmods.  Note that the akmods
works great for the FC12 kernel 2.6.32.x  .

Anyone know how to fix this so that nvidia driver builds with  the
2.6.33.1-rt FC12/CCRMA testing kernel?

Is anyone using FC13 also using akmods to build nvidia and does it work?
I don't mind upgrading to FC13 if I think this will work.

I've not tried building a custom kernel or using the nvidia website
supplied drivers as I really want to stay with automatic akmods builds
if possible.

ps. I would normally just try to use nouveau driver, but to make a long
story short, my monitor does not give correct EDID info and I've been
unable to get a working custom modeline with it in nouveau.  My monitor
should run at 1920x1200 but reports 1680x1050.  I have no problems using
the custom modelines with the nvidia driver though, plus other
benefits.

Thanks, Geoff