[PlanetCCRMA] laptop audio interface suggestions

Sun Jan 31 22:55:08 PST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 01:23 -0500, Peter Kirn wrote:
> I wonder what the hold-up is with Fireface UC drivers for Linux. Is
> there a reason USB2 is missing?

There's no standard for it (apparently something is in the works, but it
is a bit late if you ask me). So each interface would need a separate
driver (and information from the manufacturer and someone to write it,
etc, etc).

USB1 has a standard and if an interface adheres to it it will work with
the existing driver.

-- Fernando