[PlanetCCRMA] FC14

Wed Dec 29 10:45:06 PST 2010

On 12/29/2010 10:11 AM, Juan Reyes wrote:

>> What do you have in /etc/security/limits.conf?
>> What do you see if you do (logged into your account):
>>
> ## Automatically appended by jack-audio-connection-kit
> @jackuser - rtprio 20
> @jackuser - memlock 4194304
>
> ## Automatically appended by jack-audio-connection-kit
> @pulse-rt - rtprio 20
> @pulse-rt - nice -20

ok... so to get rt some permissions you have to add the group "jackuser"
to your user. But that will only give you permission to achieve a
priority of 20 while the combination of rt kernel + rtirq + jack needs a
higher one.

Add the attached file to to the /etc/security/limits.d/ directory,
logout and login again.

All users should have appropriate permissions after that change.

>>     groups
> /etc/group
>
> in:x:1:root,bin,daemon,admin,juanig

I meant, run the "groups" command in a terminal as the user you are
logged in. That will show which groups are you part of.

If it is an rt permissions problem then it has nothing to do with
firewire, it will happen with the same error for any soundcard you use.