[PlanetCCRMA] FC14

Juan Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Dec 29 10:11:57 PST 2010

> What do you have in /etc/security/limits.conf?
> What do you see if you do (logged into your account):
## Automatically appended by jack-audio-connection-kit
@jackuser - rtprio 20
@jackuser - memlock 4194304

## Automatically appended by jack-audio-connection-kit
@pulse-rt - rtprio 20
@pulse-rt - nice -20

>    groups

> And, what error do you get? (can you please copy what you see in the
> output of jackd?)

I recall it was the rt permissions error. Sorry unfortunately I don't
have a firewire card with me now (I shouldn't point out this issue now).

> If it helps - I seem to be doing fine with jack+ffado on FC14. Only
> lightly tested working with Pd & supercollider (I'm trying to learn
> SC
> now. a bit rough going). I think it's running with rt priority at
> least
> I'm not getting any complaints. output works i didn't check inputs so
> far.

I am going to take Oded's word and go forward with F-14. As soon as I
get a firewire card and if I get the same issue I'll post Jack verbose

Thanks Nando and Oded.

  --* Juan