[PlanetCCRMA] USB (& firewire) interface

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Apr 27 01:24:12 PDT 2010

I have been using the M-Audio quattro for a few years. I can get 4 channel
playback but I could never get it to work with Jack (not even stereo),
just with alsa.
Regarding firewire cards - Last year I got the focusrite sapphireLE it
worked fine (2 in 6 out) with jack untill the summer then some changes to
ffado and/or jack mean that I get audio dropouts. I tried changing the
settings and consulting this list (and jack development) but couldn't get
answers.
(I'm still hoping this problem will get fixed at some point but I'm
getting worried - I have performances coming up and no system to perform
on...)

sorry I don't have any positive suggestions
Oded