[PlanetCCRMA] wireless with rt kernel

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 14:04:12 PDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 9:26 PM, Martin Tarenskeen
<m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl>wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Apr 2010, rosea grammostola wrote:
>
>  I have installed the RT kernel in testing, that works :)
>>
>> If I need more pro audio packages, what is the place to search for Fedora
>> packages?
>>

> You can find interesting packages in the PlanetCCRMA as well as the normal
> Fedora repositories. Many people also have the rpmfusion-free and
> rpmfusion-nonfree repositories installed. I would recommend it. There is
> some interesting stuff there that you might want or need. ( For example lame
> to create mp3 files )
>
> To start with try on your commandline:
>
>        yum search audio midi | less
>
> You'll be amazed. ( At least I was )
>

>  btw it looks like the latest rosegarden has some (kde) depencencies in
>> CCRMA which are not needed (anymore)
>>

> Rosegarden is in the normal Fedora repositories. More and more packages
> have moved from PlanetCCRMA to Fedora over the years, which is a good thing.
> Your are right about those KDE dependencies. The packager has promised me to
> fix that some day, but is not a priority issue.

ok nice.
Jack2 isn't build with jackdbus support? That's an pitty cause I enjoy using
Ladish as session manager, also qjackctl has support for it now and Ladish
also add jack_session support, so that's also not a problem. For some it
seems to be a hot debate, dbus, but if it can't do any harm, I wouldn't mind
if Jack2 will be build with jackdbus also enabled.

Regards,
\r