[PlanetCCRMA] wireless with rt kernel

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Sat Apr 17 12:26:18 PDT 2010

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010, rosea grammostola wrote:

> I have installed the RT kernel in testing, that works :)
>
> If I need more pro audio packages, what is the place to search for Fedora packages?

You can find interesting packages in the PlanetCCRMA as well as the normal
Fedora repositories. Many people also have the rpmfusion-free and
rpmfusion-nonfree repositories installed. I would recommend it. There is
some interesting stuff there that you might want or need. ( For example
lame to create mp3 files )

To start with try on your commandline:

 	yum search audio midi | less

You'll be amazed. ( At least I was )

> btw it looks like the latest rosegarden has some (kde) depencencies in CCRMA which are not needed (anymore)

Rosegarden is in the normal Fedora repositories. More and more packages
have moved from PlanetCCRMA to Fedora over the years, which is a good
thing. Your are right about those KDE dependencies. The packager has
promised me to fix that some day, but is not a priority issue.

--

Martin Tarenskeen