[PlanetCCRMA] help w/ qjackctl locks-up X/GUI (perhaps caused by dbus or kernel 2.6.32.11-99.fc12.x86_64)

Mon Apr 12 15:45:26 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 11:00 -0700, Niels Mayer wrote:
> qjackctl-0.3.6-1.fc12.x86_64, when run out of my son's account on his
> computer causes the entire X/Gnome GUI to "hang" until qjackctl is
> killed remotely.
> Using the same account, running qjackctl w/ remote X display set to my
> computer causes my X/Gnome GUI to "hang" until qjackctl is killed.
>

> qjackctl runs fine on my computer and also runs fine from my account
> on my son's computer.
>

> Although the hardware on the computers is different (Opteron 1220 vs
> PhenomII 965, difft mobos) the "music" hardware controlled by jack is
> the same -- M-audio delta-66 and an Emagic MT4 USB midi box.
>

> The debugging I've done so far indicates the lockup is caused by
> dbus. The problem is, I can't even change parameters in qjackctl on my
> son's account, because bringing up qjackctl locks up the computer. Are
> there any other files I should consider resetting -- given that, for
> the same computer, my config files "work" whereas his account results
> in a instant lockup on use of qjackctl.
>

> Where does qjackctl store it's setup?

~/.config/rncbc.org/QjackCtl.conf

Try removing it and restarting qjackctl...

I think the latest qjackctl has dbus support (for using the dbus enabled
jack builds if you do one) but I don't know how that may be locking up
everything.