[PlanetCCRMA] fm synthesis software?

Juan Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Apr 5 09:02:59 PDT 2010

Hi Simon,

> > Is there a GUI for CLM?

Yes it is Snd [1]. But you still need to do some programming and Snd
doesn't use the 'black-box' connection metaphor. In addition to Lisp
Programming can be done on Scheme Forth and Ruby.

Plus there is a great FM introduction on [2], but in particular I like
Bill Shottstaedt's explanation on the difference between Phase and
Frequency modulation. Not to ignite discussion but Pd's implementation
of FM is Phase Modulation. I am no sure about Csound's and
SuperCollider's.

  --* Juan

[1]https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/snd/snd.html

[2]https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/snd/fm.html