[PlanetCCRMA] fm synthesis software?

Ebrahim Mayat ebmayat at mac.com
Mon Apr 5 03:29:19 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 01:35 -0300, francis keyes wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> i need to run some basic FM synthesis experiments in which I implement
> early FM synth algorithms proposed by CHowning (1973) such as x(t ) =
> A(t ) sin[ωc t + I (t ) sin ωmt ], etc.  Can anyone recommend a
> software library (preferably in C or C++) for synthesizing functions
> like that.  I've been looking at STK but can't yet get it working...

You can create FM instruments in CSound (which is written in C)
<http://csound.sourceforge.net/>

instr 1
amod oscil p6 * p7, p6, 1 ; modulating wave
  ; p6 is the modulating freq
  ; p7 is the index of modulation
kenv oscili p4, 1/p3, 2   ; the envelope
asig oscil kenv, p5 + amod, 1  ; p5 is the carrier freq
out asig
endin