[PlanetCCRMA] Jack problem / system hangs...

Raphael Raccuia rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com
Tue Oct 27 02:28:54 PDT 2009

Hi,
I use F10/CCRMA since one year, and I like it because of his good
stability.
But I had some major problems last weeks, after a break using my
computer:
-Jackd: I start well (FFADO / Edirol FA-101), and is very stable (was
not the case on Ubuntu Studio). But now, I can't connect the patch. Some
names are corrupted (char coding problem), like:
Original/entrée 1
and it's impossible to connect, with message:

Unknown destination port in attempted (dis)connection src_name
[system:AC6_dev0_LineIn 7+8 left] dst_name [ardour:Original/entrée 1]

Kernel: The only problem I had with CCRMA was to get rt-kernel working
on my machine. 2.6.27 didn't, but 2.6.29-? (ccrma testing repo) was ok
but now:
2.6.29-6-rt: system hangs, until I press a key / move mouse
2.6.29-2-rt: sometimes hangs on boot, I have to press a key, then give
me a kernel problem. but then seems to work...
Is there any kernel known as stable?

Thanks for your help