[PlanetCCRMA] jackdmp port limit problem

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Tue May 19 20:49:13 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Hector Centeno wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm experiencing problems when trying to open an Ardour project that
> contains over 100 tracks using Fedora 10 + CCRMA. This project used to
> open fine under OpenSuse and using Jack 0.116 by changing the "Port
> Maximum" setting in Qjackctl to 1024. I've tried doing the same thing
> but I keep getting an error message from Ardour saying that I have to
> increase the port number even though I increased the port maximum in
> Qjackctl (and yes, restarted Jack). Also I get an error message in the
> Messages window of Qjackctl saying: 'Maximum number of output ports is
> reached for application ref = 4".
>
> Is this due to differences in how the maximum port number is set in Jackdmp?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hector

Phew, 100 tracks...

I never got past 15. You might want to start jack manually (using
--port-max) and see if the problem persists. According to the result,
you may need to contact qjackctl or ardour developers.

We don't apply any patches to either application that might result in
this behavior. You can have a look at our patches at
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewvc/devel/ardour/
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewvc/devel/qjackctl/

Orcan