[PlanetCCRMA] A More Advanced Guide to MIDI

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:57:36 PDT 2009

HI list,

I am hoping to take on MIDI in a programming capacity. I have, of course,
found the The Complete MIDI 1.0 Detailed
Specification<http://www.midi.org/techspecs/midispec.php>,
which one has to pay for. Something tells me it's in a library at Stanford
:-), but I'm not near there. I have also found some material on Harmony
Central on it. However, I am wondering if anyone knows of a good online
resource or book that would be good for me to start my adventure into
programming with MIDI. I know the basics that a MIDI musician would know to
composed with in most software, but that would be it. Wanting a Sysex
editor/librarian is one of the seeding factors in this inspiration. If you
can lead me to some programming examples that would be helpful at some point
as well.

Thank you and kind regards,

--Sean