[PlanetCCRMA] Wine and the PLanetCCRMA Jack with FC 10 64-bit

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 07:01:26 PDT 2009

Hi list,

I had seen some other posts about a 32-bit/64-bit conflict or such when
someone was going to use Wine with the PlanetCCRMA Jack. I just installed
Wine with yum and I am able to use a couple audio programs in Wine and they
see and use my FTPro USB audio interface just fine, however even running as
root I can not get anything to use Jack. Some things see it, or rather the
Wine dirvers for Jack. I am not so sure what I should be seeing from Jack,
but I would imagine that Jack should see the things in Wine as other inputs
of some sort.

Before I go much further, I was curious if there were any known issues with
Wine and the PlanetCCRMA Jack. I am running fc 10 64-bit and although the
description for Wine in the repo says it runs 16/32/64 bit windows programs
it only had a .386 on the end of anything to do with Wine. As I mentioned,
Everything runs fine and sound comes out. I am just checking before I spend
a lot of time to find out it's just not me knowing how to use Jack with
Wine.

BTW: would someone know of a good how-to Wine and Jack out there also?

Thank you and kind regards,

-Sean