[PlanetCCRMA] PulseAudio, ALSA and Jack -- Where's The Forest? I Only See Trees.

kelly hirai khirai at ongaku.isa-geek.net
Wed Mar 11 13:06:42 PDT 2009

you should look at the jack_* family of commands:
jack_alias             jack_lsp               jack_simple_client
jack_connect           jack_metro             jack_transport
jack_disconnect        jack_midiseq           jack_transport_client
jack_evmon             jack_midisine          jack_unload
jack_freewheel         jack_monitor_client    jackd
jack_impulse_grabber   jack_netsource         jackrec
jack_load              jack_showtime

kelly at sundog /home/kelly/xen $ jack_connect -h
(null): JACK Audio Connection Kit version 0.116.2

usage: (null) [options] port1 port2
Connects two JACK ports together.

         -s, --server <name>   Connect to the jack server named <name>
         -v, --version         Output version information and exit
         -h, --help            Display this help message

For more information see http://jackaudio.org/

i know not having proper man pages bites (you have to run the command not
knowing the effects) but they do provide hints.

kelly