[PlanetCCRMA] Shouldn't You Be Able to Run 32-bit Programs(SuperCollider, Pd and ChuCK) Under 64-Bit Fedora With Multilib

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 23:16:49 PDT 2009

> It might be possible to compile the programs that need 32 bit systems
> (older versions of pd currently in Planet CCRMA, chuck, supercollider)
> to run on 64 bit systems, I had never had time to look at what is
> involved. For now those packages are only built for 32 bit versions of
> the os.
>
> -- Fernando

You seem to be a busy man, Fernand. :-) I see that it is better that you say
that than to have someone come back and start posting in the subject line
that it all doesn't work.

So, does this mean that, if I use the 64-bit package, I will not find those
programs in the repository and therefore will not see them through yum? With
the information given by Steve in his earlier post this is not a big deal
since it seems one needs to check out the source for a newer version anyway
for PD to compile, but I am curious to know for an all around understanding
of how you put it together.

Thanks,

-Sean