[PlanetCCRMA] different versions of pd at different locations at ccrma repo

Lao Yu noise.now at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 01:19:40 PDT 2009

Hi,

currently there should be 0.40.3 of pd-extended available. this page

http://puredata.info/downloads

says so and correctly points to the file. However this page

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installplanetnine.html

cites as an example the pd-extended installer as "yum install pd-
extended".

Doing so installs an older pd-extended version (0.39) and also
doesn't install the startup info to load the externals. - When I
proceeded to the first page (puredata.info) the location properly
downloads version 0.40.3 and with yum it would install the externals
etc etc. However it doesn't install an executable file of pd that I
would find.
My question is, what is the point of these 2 versions? Also I wasn't
able (yet) to get the externals working (of 0.39). But I admit I have
a whole lot of other problems with sound on Fedora 10 that I didn't
search thoroughly.

Best
Jurgen