[PlanetCCRMA] Another Hardware Compatibility Question, Oh Joy! -- M-Audio Fast track Pro

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 21:02:08 PDT 2009

Thank you for the reply, Don.

  I had eventually found some resent discussion on using the FTPro
with Linux on Ardour's forum that gave me enough confidence to take
the chance and buy one and picked up seem insight on how it would show
up under a Linux system. Your footnotes are invaluable still--Thank
you. Hopefully these posts will help others and also be a topic point
for further discussion and help garner more support for the interface
because it seems popular in the Windows world and it sounds really
good for the price.

I am actually just now putting together a Fedora 10 system and hope to
report back on using it on that system. In the meantime I used it
under Fedora 7 and it was recognized without me doing a thing. One
thing to take note of and something I was give a heads up on in the
Ardour forum was that the FTPro is actually is and shows up as two
sound devices. The first is outputs 1 and 2 which has no inputs. The
second as outputs 3 and 4, which include the inputs for Inst/line and
SPDIF I/O. How SPDIF I/O is differentiated from the inst/line inputs I
am not sure. I only set Jack to use the device for inputs 3 and 4 as
the input and output device and I was able to get input from FTPro as
well as output. So on the system the FTPro shows up as: