[PlanetCCRMA] multi monitor / ATI / F10 / CCRMA RT kernel?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sun Mar 1 09:44:18 PST 2009

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:19:45 +0900
michael noble <looplog at gmail.com> wrote:
> To cut a long story short, is the subject line at all possible?

I just installed F10 on my studio machine (yay multibooting!), and had
zero trouble getting my dual monitor setup going.  I'm using the radeon
driver and copied over my xorg.conf file that I'd created under F9, and
no problems.

Well, no problems with the dual-screen setup.  My definition in the
xorg.conf file to turn the capsLock key into another control failed,
because you now have to add this to the xorg.conf file:

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "AutoAddDevices" "off"
EndSection

The other issue I ran into was that the Flash plugin was not working
on my 32-bit machine.  Firefox listed that it was there in the about:plugins
window, but nothing worked until I removed the nspluginwrapper package.

Other than that, F10 seems fine.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com