[PlanetCCRMA] kernel-rt not in bootmenu ?

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 22:08:47 PDT 2009

> What happens if you uninstall planetccrma-core:
>  rpm -e planetccrma-core
> and:
>  yum install planetccrma-core.i586
> instead?
> I think that should bring in the i586 non-PAE version of the kernel.
>
> -- Fernando

yum install planetccrma-core.i586 does install the non-PAE version and it
boots just fine. Usually I just do a yum install planetccmra-apps, which is
not there yet, so I am not sure how to individually install everything
needed to run Jack and qjackctl, so I can't test much. after installing
everything alsa*, jack-audio-connection-kit* and qjackctl I just get the
message:

12:29:45.641 Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. ALSA MIDI patchbay
will be not available.

ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such
file or directory

I guess that reveals how easy you have made in the past and my lack of
understanding all the components needed.

--Sean