[PlanetCCRMA] for MIDI lovers: fluidsynth update

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 13:29:43 PDT 2009

fluidsynth-1.0.9 is available in Fedora's updates-testing repository.
This release comes with many improvements and fixes outlined in [1].
The most important improvement seems to be the new native Jack MIDI
driver. fluidsynth MIDI connections will now appear in qjackctl's or
your favorite jack controller's MIDI tab.

If you are interested to try out, please update with
# yum --enablerepo updates-testing update fluidsynth-libs

So far, I didn't encounter any problems with this new version with
fluidsynth using applications. If no problems are reported I will push
this update to stable repo in about 2 weeks.

Cheers,
Orcan

[1] http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/wiki/ChangeLog1_0_9