[PlanetCCRMA] CentOS ?

Don Estabrook don.estabrook at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 11:01:55 PST 2009

Hello -

I'm using Ardour 2.7.1 on Fedora 8 32-bit (ardour-2.7.1-0.1.fc8.ccrma,
to be precise), running on a Core2 Duo machine.  Among the messages I
see when I launch ardour2 is this:

>WARNING: Your system contains a suspect libglib-2.0. Your version might be built
>         to use mutex locking atomic operations. This is a fallback solution to
>         a more robust hardware supported atomicity. It might cause reduced
>         performance and/or deadlocks. Please contact your distribution support
>         about this issue.
>         Unfortunately this check is not 100% accurate, so this might not be
>         the case with your system.

Looks as though this is coming from one of the wrappers:
/usr/libexec/ardour2.  The library it seems to be complaining about
(from the output of ldd) is

    libglib-2.0.so.0 => /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0

which on this machine comes from the package

    glib2-2.14.6-2.fc8

If I'm reading it right, it complains when the size of the symbol
"g_atomic_int_add" > 32, and mine is 105.

I've been ignoring the message, and as far as I can tell, Ardour is not
having any problems that seem obviously related to this.  Google shed no
light (or I just didn't ask nicely).  If it isn't a real issue, I'm OK
with continuing to ignore it.  :)  Just wanted to make sure I didn't
mess up the installation somehow.  Oh, and yum thinks the system is up
to date.

Thanks,
Don