[PlanetCCRMA] My first post And I humbly ask for some help.

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Jan 14 14:07:19 PST 2009

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:07:23 -0800 (PST)
philip888 <philip.sapp at gmail.com> wrote:
> My hope is to get my Dual monitor set up. Is there a formula to get
> dual monitor set up on any of the planet ccrma rt kernels. With any on the
> "nvidia drivers". And if so can someone please give me instructions on how
> to do so. My brain is toast.  Any suggestions.

Unfortunately, my experience has been that the FC9 kernels and my
NVidia card (an older model not supported by the newer iterations
of the nvidia drivers) don't play all that well together.  I kept
having X fall over on me, leaving me with just a command prompt on
both monitors.  (I don't use the graphical login.)  My recollection
is that the nv drivers that come with Fedora weren't much better in
terms of stability, but I could be wrong, and it could have been my
quest for 3D and dual monitors that kept hosing me.

I had an older Radeon card come my way a couple of weeks ago, and it
has been MUCH more stable, and the dual monitors are working like a
charm now.  Hope this helps!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com