[PlanetCCRMA] Notation editors?

Thomas Nail sciolist at sciolist.org
Thu Jan 8 21:59:11 PST 2009

Fernando, et al.,

thanks so much again for making all this software "just work". I really
appreciate the effort you guys continue to make on this project.

Now, since NoteEdit seem to have wandered off and gotten lost - and is
no longer being developed - are there any successors to the notation
editor crown for Linux? I've looked at Canorus, which is supposed to be
the new NoteEdit, but it still looks pretty beta. And, unfortunately, I
can't write straight lilypond, because I'm lazy. Rosegarden seems
overkill for this type of situation, but maybe that's all that's left.
Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,

-=Tom Nail